As a responsible dog owner, you're always on the lookout for ways to improve your dog's well-being. Hemp oil has gained popularity for its potential health benefits in both humans and animals, and it can also be incorporated into homemade dog treats! In this blog, we'll share a wholesome recipe for dog cookie treats using hemp oil as an ingredient. These treats are not only delicious, but they also provide potential health benefits for your furry companion. Let's get started on making some tasty and nutritious treats for your dog!
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of hemp oil
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter (unsalted and unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of water
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, rolled oats, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
Step 3: Add the hemp oil, applesauce, peanut butter, and water to the dry ingredients. Mix well until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, you can add a little more water, a tablespoon at a time, until it comes together.
Step 4: On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. You can use a rolling pin to help you achieve an even thickness.
Step 5: Use cookie cutters in your desired shapes to cut out the treats from the rolled-out dough. Place the cut-out treats onto the prepared baking sheet.
Step 6: Bake the treats in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them to prevent them from burning.
Step 7: Once the treats are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool completely on the baking sheet.
Step 8: Store the homemade dog treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks, or in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
- Always choose high-quality, organic hemp oil that is specifically formulated for pets.
- Consult with your veterinarian before introducing hemp oil or any other new ingredient into your dog's diet, especially if your dog has any underlying health conditions or is taking medication.
- Adjust the treat size and baking time according to the size and age of your dog.
- Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other dog-friendly ingredients, such as shredded carrots, diced apples, or chopped parsley, for added flavor and nutrition.
Conclusion: Homemade dog treats with hemp oil can be a nutritious and tasty addition to your dog's diet. By using wholesome ingredients and following this simple recipe, you can make delicious treats that are packed with potential health benefits for your furry friend. Your dog will surely appreciate the love and care you put into making these special treats just for them!